Monday, February 7, 2011

New Simplistic Bike Design From Inner City Bikes

Here's a new bike from Inner City Bikes called the ICB 36er and it's unlike anything you've seen before. With 36" wheels and the most simplistic design imaginable, this bike is sure to turn heads on the streets. I'm a big bike fan and this is definitely an intriguing ride. A really cool feature about the simplistic design is the free-wheeling rear hub that eliminates the need for a chain. You can read more about how this design came to be and see some  cool photos of the bike at Inner City Bikes.
But if this style of bike isn't for you, be sure to check out these other bicycle innovations on gizmodo--lots of cool transmission innovations that I'm interested in seeing how they develop.

2 comments:

  1. This is super cool. I like the idea of not needing a chain and it is amazing how close the wheels are together. However, without the raised handle bars, I would think this could cause some back ache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, neat looking! I like the super simple design.

    ReplyDelete